Date: 05 - 09 Sep 2022
The aim of this event, held 5-9 September 2022, is to increase the profile of the not-for-profit sector, bolster the financial capacity and sustainability of the sector, and provide support for the staff, board members and treasurers carrying out the important task of overseeing the finances.
Activities during Not-for-Profit Finance Week included:
Not-for-Profit Finance Week Program
Monday, 5 September 2022. 12.30pm to 1.15pm AEST.
Webinar: Moving the dial on Climate, Sustainability and Governance
Panel discussion with:
- Dr Amanda Rischbieth - Visiting Scientist - Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Clinical Associate Professor -University of Adelaide and Chair - National Blood Authority
- Kathy Richardson, Executive Director, Our Community
- Jane Thomson, General Manager Corporate Finance and ESG. Commonwealth Bank
- James Barron, Senior Manager, Schools and Not-for-Profit Sector Banking, Commonwealth Bank (panel adjudicator)
With the domestic and global spotlight firmly back on environmental sustainability, what does this mean in practice for the Not-for-Profit Sector and what are the potential risks of doing nothing?
Join us for our panel discussion with Dr Amanda Rischbieth, Kathy Richardson, and Jane Thomson as they explore how the Sector is currently tracking in tackling the issue of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), what’s holding us back and how to get started. Key topics we’ll be covering include:
- Understanding sustainability and ESG
- Key ESG trends globally and across the Not-for-Profit Sector
- Where the opportunities are
- Steps to getting started and tracking your progress.
Tuesday, 6 September 2022. 12.30pm to 1.15pm AEST.
Webinar: Helping your not-for-profit stand out from the crowd
Presented by Jana Bowden Professor of Marketing and Chair of Ethics, Macquarie University Business School; Associate Editor, European Journal of Marketing
Whether you’re running your latest fundraiser, applying for a grant, needing to attract more volunteers or looking to expand your supporter base, how can you ensure your not-for-profit stands out from the crowd?
Make sure you join us for this not to be missed webinar with one of Australia’s leading consumer brand engagement experts, Professor Jana Bowden. Over 45 minutes, Jana will unpack some of the latest research into consumer decision-making, and explore how marketing can help your not-for-profit drive engagement with new and existing supporters, donors and volunteers. Learn more about:
- The importance of building your brand
- How to improve engagement and loyalty through effective marketing strategies
- Using consumer decision making to rethink your fundraising.
This is a great opportunity to have your questions answered by Jana, named by Stanford University as one of the top 2% of market researchers in the world.
Wednesday, 7 September 2022. 12.30pm to 1.15pm AEST.
Webinar: Questions your Not-for-Profit should be asking about finances
Presented by Patrick Moriarty
Overseeing the finances is probably one of the most important tasks you have as a board member. Financial literacy will put your organisation in the best position to promote and fulfil your organisation’s mission. If you don't understand how the finances work, you'll be at risk of getting caught up if anything goes wrong. And as we have seen over the past few years, things can (and will) go wrong!
In this webinar we’ll be exploring:
- The questions you should be asking and the reports you should be seeing
- How to read, understand and act upon financial papers
- Ways to build financial matters into decision-making processes.
Thursday, 8 September 2022. 12.30pm to 1.15pm AEST.
Webinar: Economic Update - looking ahead
Presented by Belinda Allen, Senior Economist, Commonwealth Bank
With interest rate rises, cost of living increases, record low unemployment levels and fears of an overall economic slowdown, what are the economic indicators telling us about what’s in store over the coming 12 months?
In this 45 minute webinar Belinda Allen, Senior Economist at Commonwealth Bank, examines the current state of Australia’s economy and shares her thoughts on the outlook ahead including:
- Global markets and what they are telling us
- Australia’s economic outlook
- Implications of rising interest rates
- Impact on consumer spending levels.
Friday, 9 September 2022. 12.30pm to 1.15pm AEST.
Webinar: Cyber Update – keeping safe online
Presented by Christopher Sant, Senior Manager Cyber Community, Commonwealth Bank and Michael Smale, Manager Security Outreach and Customer Engagement, Commonwealth Bank
In today’s online world, cyber security incidents continue to increase in both volume and complexity. Simple and practical advice is essential to help your not-for-profit or community group stay safe online and stay ahead of the curve. Understand how you can adopt foundational controls to create a cyber-aware and resilient culture within your organisation.
Designed with practical insights and tools for the Australian market, this 45-minute webinar will cover:
- Getting the basics of cyber security right.
- Understanding the ins and outs of email payment fraud.
- Questions to ask to better understand your organisation’s risk posture.
- Highlighting sources of government cyber security guidance